Suburban Panic!

20 October 2003

Nerves of Pudding!
  Today I am taking the GRE test, which is the second to last step in applying to Grad school. I test fairly well (I don't get the shakes or the dry heaves or anything), and everybody tells me it's like taking the SAT all over again, and I did pretty well on the SAT, so all in all I'm not worried.
  Much.
  Okay, so I'm a smidgen concerned. After all, I want to get into a good school, and I want them to give me an assistantship or a fellowship or a scholarship or a battleship or something. I can't really afford another $25k in student loans, and if I don't get really good aid, I'm not going. So I sweat just a bit. Luckily, I have a solution.
  I'm going in there like I own the place. I'm wearing my sweatpants and a big comfy shirt. Two comfy shirts, actually, in case they have either the heat or the air conditioner running. (And a shout out to my Mom. Dressing in layers really does work.) I'm going to wear my sunglasses until the last possible moment, and I'm not even going to be concerned that they'll want to see my driver's license, with that goofy-ass grin I had on my face. I will be so cool that hail will fall out of the sky, just to hang out and ask me for tips in being so chilly.
  And I won't, absolutely not, never, no how, think about how I haven't had a math class in 8 years.

No comments: