Suburban Panic!

22 October 2003

I like to score.
  So, the GRE did not kick my ass. It glared at me some, but it knew not to start shit. I think I did pretty well, considering the long years I've gone with out studying any math. They give you the scores to the verbal and math sections right away, and I did slightly better than I did when I took the practice test, so I am pleased. I will await my scores on the writing section patiently. Very... very... patiently. *twitch*
  By the way, I love that they don't even call it "math" anymore. Now it's called "quantitative reasoning," because seven syllables are always better than one, and are especially not any more intimidating.
  Thanks to all of you who offered encouragement. You are appreciated. I must take this opportunity to single out my wonderful girlfriend, who put up with my poorly-hidden anxiety, my insomnia, and my tendency to get defensive when I'm nervous. She always has more faith in me than I do, and this experience would have been far more nerve-wracking without her patient insistence that I would do well. She is beautiful and wonderful, and far too good to me, and I love her very much.

No comments: