Suburban Panic!

15 March 2008

I just had a thought...

  Political wonks will no doubt already know that President Bush has spent a little more than a third of his presidency on vacation. He's surpassed the previous record for personal travel by a sitting president, held by modern republican messiah Ronald Reagan.

  Take a minute to think about all of the stupid, appalling, ridiculous, evil shit that has gone on under the current administration. President Bush has managed to accomplish all of that with less time spent in the White House than any president in history. The man is either amazingly, ruthlessly efficient, or he's got an unbelievably motivated cadre of henchpersons. Either way, I think it's obvious that he's some kind of undercover supervillain. I doubt that even Voldemort could do better.

2 comments:

Ryoga M said...

I don't know. Think how much worse things would be if he was a "full-time" President. The only reason we haven't invaded Iran and North Korea could be that he was too busy "clearing brush" to get around to it. So, I personally would like to think the President for vacationing so often. And, feel free to spend the next 10 months kicking back in Crawford. And take Cheney with you.

K.O. Myers said...

Ryoga, I absolutely agree with you. I'm not disturbed by how much vacation time he's taken. I would have been happier had he gone on permanent leave in 2004.