Suburban Panic!

18 October 2007

Correction: Soda Comes In Cans

  As a helpful Livejournal user pointed out, my statement that single-serving energy drinks are sold in smaller sizes than soda ignored the existence of the humble 12 ounce can. While I can honestly say that I drink soda exclusively from 20 and 24 ounce plastic bottles, my ignorance is no excuse for so casually dismissing a whole group of containers. These valuable receptacles hold soda and beer with equal aplomb, and I made a terrible mistake when I overlooked their contribution to the portability of our society's beverages.

  I'd like to issue a public apology to the Aluminum-American community. I will endeavor in the future to be more sensitive to the needs and concerns of our recyclable cousins. I sincerely hope that my unfortunate lapse in judgment will lead to an open dialog about the size, shape, composition and contents of our drink containers, that will allow us all to be more understanding of containers that are different from our own. Thank you.

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

2 comments:

Jenn said...

Not enough. You need to go to PC-hab for this grievous offense against the Aluminum Americans. And I expect to see you on Acces Hollywood issuing an on-camera apology, and you sure as shit better tape some PSAs for the canning industry.

Shame on you, Little Bald. SHAME!!!!




:)

K.O. Myers said...

I am a horrible human being. I had no idea that these thoughts existed inside me. I've tried to contact David Letterman regarding an apology, but so far I've received no response.